Archive for June, 2003
Well, it seems that Nick Bradbury has releases his much anticipated Feed Deamon RSS aggregator application. Although I am a bit partial to me and Josh’s incarnation of an aggregator, I must say that this application is a beautiful piece of work. Nick has done a great job.
When I opened the app, I realized that I was going to have to enter in all of my favortie flash feeds. Oh what a fun task…. (sarcasm intended). I then noticed that could take OPML feeds to automatically create a listing of feeds. BINGO. I actually had published an OPML feed of Flash MX related news sources with Flogspot, but never really used it. Well, now there is an excuse!
In Feed Deamon, goto:
1. File > New > New Listing…
2. Select the second radio button (create a new listing from OPML) Then click ‘Next’.
3. Enter in this url: http://www.flogspot.com/feeds/flashmx.opml.php … Click ‘Next’
4. Select the feeds you want! *NOTE* There are two feeds that have duplicates, (JDMX, and GregBurch.) Make sure and select the feed with the up to date URL. I should be able to fix this later. Now click ‘Next’.
5. Give the listing a name (Flash MX if you like). Click Next.
6. Click Finish.
Anyways, I hope you find this useful.
Just a small plug: A new article is up in Macromedia’s DevNet, about the creation of the Macromedia News Aggregator Sample App that Josh and I created for the Macromedia DevNet Resource Kit (DRK) Volume 3. Be sure to go take a look at it, and all the other great content Macromedia provides.
A very interesting article reviewing the soon to be released (in beta) PHP5. It discusses the viability of using PHP5 in large applications, and its much expanded object model.